I made this last week but unfortunately didn’t written anything down until I wrote this post, not even a title or recipe link saved on my phone. So I’ve had to take a bit of a guess at things.
- Tomato paste
- Water/ vegetable stock
- Vegetables – e.g. bok choy, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, mushroom
- Spicy sauce (optional – just something I had in the fridge, consists of a stir-fry sauce with chilli and garlic and mixed herbs)
- frying pan
- kitchen spoon
- cutlery and crockery
- Chop onion and vegetables
- Put lentils in the saucepan on a low heat, in water. Add chilli sauce if desired and cook.
- Fry onion and mushroom in the pan until onion is soft and mushrooms are starting to turn golden.
- Add other vegetables and fry for a minute or two, then add mixed herbs and tomato paste with vegetable stock.
- Let simmer until vegetables are done (sauce will reduce, so top up with extra water as needed.).
- While vegetables are simmering, add noodles to a pot of boiling water and let cook.
- When vegetables are almost ready, add lentils into the pan and stir to combine.
- When noodles are finished, drain them and tip into the pan with the vegetables and lentils.
- I “fry-steamed” a couple of Brussels sprouts to go with this, just because I felt like it. They take 8 or so minutes in a small frypan.
- You’re ready to serve. This will make leftovers.