I really do like being creative at dinner. It feels like it’s been too long since I made a recipe post, so here’s one, with a few to schedule as well.
I was making this for a potluck last week – it’s a recipe that’s easy to adjust quantities for, and make a few serves of. Add or substitute different veg as you please; I made this with what I had in the cupboard.
- Vegetable oil
- Morrocan spice mix – I had no separate cumin spice, or “burrito spice mix” in the cupboard, so substituted this instead
- 1 tsp each of minced garlic and ginger
- 1/2 tsp of minced/crushed chilli
- 2/3-3/4 tin of corn kernels
- 2/3-3/4 tin of Mexican bean mix: had kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans and cannellini beans, I think
- 2/3 of a carrot (I think?)
- Half a capsicum
- A few florets of cauliflower
- Bread, wraps, etc. for burritos
- Strong kitchen knife
- Chopping board
- Large frying pan
- Kitchen spoon
- Chop vegetables into small pieces
- Heat oil in frying pan until hot
- Add onion and set heat to medium-high or medium, then fry, stirring, until onion is golden
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli and spice mix and stir for 20-30 seconds
- Add veggies and fry until tender
- Add beans and a little water, then bring mixture to a simmer
- Add salt and pepper, then remove from heat and serve.
Remember that this is a meal that’ll get messy as it’s eaten with your hands. It was soooo yummy. A recipe to keep!