A while back I read a recipe online that sounded really interesting so I decided I’d try it out.
I halved and further adapted this recipe and it was really yummy.
- 500g minced meat (I used beef)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- carrot strips
- spring onion
- extra veg if desired, to serve.
- aluminium foil
- oven tray
- mixing bowl
- Mix the mince, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic, etc. in a bowl.
- Lay the mixture out on an aluminium foil-lined oven tray.
- Then start layering!
- Using the foil, carefully roll it up into a log-shape then put it in the oven.
a) Cooking time will vary according to oven power and temperature but occurs in two stages, one with foil (25 mins at 180 °C) then without (25 mins at 250-260 °C). Times are according to the online recipe and I seem to recall mine took longer because my oven is dodgy.
- While it’s cooking steam some extra veggies if you desire.
- Eat! I had enough for leftovers.