The other day I made a meal using some ingredients I had to hand, following and improvising and adding from the recipe on the back of a “burrito spice mix” packet and memory.
I didn’t have any wraps and forgot about using rice as a substitute – instead I added some fried sweet potato. Yum.
- 2 x bok choy leaves
- 1/3 to 1/2 x sweet potato 🍠
- 1 carrot 🥕
- 1 x cauliflower floret
- 1/6 x Onion
- Refried bean paste
- Burrito spice mix (Mum also adds garlic, cumin & paprika, but cumin at least is in with the refried beans)
- Frying pan
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Chop & peel etc. veggies
- Tip some spice mix into a plastic bag with the mince and shake to combine
- Heat oil in pan, add mince to brown
- Remove mince to container, add onion & sweet potato slices to cook
- Cook until sweet potato is crunchy but soft adding more oil if needed then remove to same container as mince
- Cook other veggies now, adding refried bean paste with a bit of water as well
- It’s a “to feel/ taste” recipe, so trust yourself – it’s not going to matter too much if you’ve added a little too much water.
- Once veggies are cooked, remember to add other ingredients back in to cook through and be coated in the flavours.
- Scoop onto plate and enjoy. I like to eat out on the balcony near my room.