This is one of Mum’s favourite dishes. If I can make it half as good as she does when I do it by myself, I’ll be happy.
Meat – bacon, sausages, marinara mix, etc. Can be anything really and is a good way of using up leftovers.
Garlic, ginger, maybe chilli & coriander
Sauces: fish, oyster & soy
Cooking spoons & teaspoons, etc.
- Choose & chop veggies;
- Chop & cook meat [N.B. this can be the longest, especially if it’s bacon];
- Put rice on to cook (1 cup rice: 2 cups water) – either set on medium heat and cook until water is absorbed, or set on high and cook for ~15 mins;
- Once meat is cooked, remove from wok – add oil and then crack egg in [N.B. how many eggs depends on egg size];
- Scramble egg(s) in oil for a minute, then remove;
- Add onion (& more oil if nec.) – cook until translucent;
- Add 1 teaspoon of garlic & ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of chilli and mix;
- Add veggies and cook with lid on for a few minutes (until mostly soft);
- Add egg(s) back in, then add dashes of fish sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce, to taste;
- Cook with lid on for a little longer if necessary;
- Add bacon into mixture and mix to combine;
- Mix the rice through and serve.