Going to write down some recipes so I can remember them. To that end, I’m adding a new category. Here’s the first. 🙂
Veggies, including 1 onion
Pasta (usual to use spaghetti, but can use fettuccine or some other pasta)
Splash of wine for flavour
1 x saucepan
1 x deep pot
2 x large spoons
- Chop veggies. Remember that they’ll reduce down when deciding quantity. I like it when there’s a bit of colour on the plate.
- Chop onion, then put in bottom of deep pot to cook with oil and garlic
- Wait until onion is soft then add mince to brown – remember to break mince up and give occasional stir to make sure that nothing sticks.
- When mince is brown, add chopped veggies to deep pot.
- Add pasta sauce, splash of wine and some water to the pot – mix everything up together carefully, as pot will (likely) be full.
- Taste and balance flavours – the flavour should be full but not overpowering
- While it cooks (it’ll take a while, depending on the quantity and type of veggies), start on the pasta.
- Bring water to the boil in a deep saucepan (if short on time, boil a jug and tip that in). Add some salt. Add pasta and stir to avoid sticking.
- Set timer for about 12 minutes (depending on what it says on the packet, plus a minute or two extra). Stir pasta occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick or boil over.
- When cooked, drain pasta. Serve with the veggies and meat.